LiFe Is PrEcIOuS...VaLUe THoSe ArOuNd U...

25 August 2007

Sport Climbing Certification Level 1....

Just came back from the level 1 course held in NUS rock wall gym....the gym i would say is quite small but it is built with various types of rock wall and bouldering walls from elementary level.

We were taught how to check the equipments for damage/safety, how to tie the knots required for belaying, basic climbing tips etc...I kind of enjoyed myself...one trick to last longer is to utilise your legs for climbing rather than use your arms. It's much more easier to lift yourself up using your legs. My fingers were numb and arms exhausted after a few climbs bcos I used to much of arm power...

Dunno whether if I frequent the gym, I would get stronger or not...I will try it out and go like maybe once a week or so. Its open on weekdays evening but only Tuesday and Friday are allocated to recreational climbings. Other days dedicated to competitive climbers or climbers from other schools having courses here or rock climbing as a CCA....

So for those who are interested, you can sign up for the course through this website http://www.nusclimb.com/

Thereafter, you an join me for rock climbing or boldering.... :) course fee is $45 including membership for the gym which costs $20...after you complete the course, you will receive a certification which is recognised in SE Asia, that means you can rock climb or boulder anywhere in SE asia by flashing the cert in the form of a card....

Now my arms are aching but I feel shiok....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home