LiFe Is PrEcIOuS...VaLUe THoSe ArOuNd U...

24 December 2006

Genting trip...home sweet home...

Finally, the last installment of my Genting trip experience. Nothing much happened on this day; a day usually for us to spend all our money away. For me, I just went windows shopping at Sungei Wang and BB plaza with a friend, and we had the thought of getting our hair cut since it is relatively cheap here. A typical hair cut there costs about $20, including getting your hair washed and dyed in some saloons. I did consider dying my hair, but feel that it was inappropriate as I might be going for interviews.

There was a saloon 'Kimarie academy' just opposite to the hotel having a promotion of hair cut + wash + dye for just $15! It is really a great bargain but what put us off was the thought of having your hair done up by 'trainees' of the academy. After some searching for reasonable hair cut prices in the shopping malls, I and my friend settled down for a cut at 'kimarie' (not the acedemy that I was talking about earlier). If I am not wrong the hair cut + wash + style costs less than $15.

First we were ushered to our seats which were next to each other, given a cup of water and asked by the hair stylist what kind of style we prefer. Nothing could be more comfortable when they massage our head in the midst of applying different kinds of shampoo/conditioner etc. It was more like a visit to the massage parlor though. The entire process of constant massaging took almost 20 minutes before they washed the shampoo off our hair, drying it and started on cutting/trimming the hair.

In the end, it was my friend who looked like he had a visit to the saloon. I was no different from the time I entered the saloon. Just lost a few strands of hair, a wonderful massage. No bad actually for $15. When I was back in Singapore, i cut my hair again.

We left Malaysia for Singapore at 2.30pm, with me penniless and a packet of chicken rice (my lunch) in my hands on the journey home.



































Indoor roller coaster @ Times square







































Breakfast @ Federal hotel




















The state of my hotel room when I first entered















Hotel lobby waiting for everybody to gather


































That's my chicken rice on the table!


































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home