LiFe Is PrEcIOuS...VaLUe THoSe ArOuNd U...

21 November 2006

Hope u guys are coping well...

It has been a while since ORD and I have found myself a full-time job as a fulltime freelance swimming coach, home-based tutor and newspaper deliveryman. Sounds weird right? How can I cope with 3 different jobs?

The main thing that I am doing is teaching swimming to people of all ages, smallest being 2.5 years old, oldest being 50 years old. Classes are held all over Singapore, with my classes concentrating mostly in the West, the rest in Central, a few in Hougang, one in Tampines.

Location wise, some are private condos, some are public swimming pools. I prefer condos as the environment is more tranquil, scenic thus more conducive more learning. Public swimming pools are often crowded during this holiday school season. Anyway, those interested to teach swimming can contact me or visit swimpal.blospot.com for more details. Salary about $20 to $45 per hour.

I wake up at 5am every morning with my mother to distribute newspaper (straits times, zao bao, basa melayu, tamil papers, the new paper, my paper) in my neighbourhood. I perceive it as a form of exercise or simple 5BX for me. I have been doing it for almost a month. Quite tiring at first as u have to wake up very early. Salary is about $250 per month. I decided to give it all to my mom to pay telephone bills, water bills, electricity bills etc

Initially, u will be a bit slow but once u get the kick or it, for example which storey has lifts, which corridor can't lead to another, u will be faster. With my mom, we took about 40 mins to distribute 7 blocks worth of papers. My little brother will tag along on Sat to ease our burden, load as the straits times on sat is extremely thick, bulky. Moreover, some people only want papers to be delivered at weekends. So these explains the extra quantity of papers on weekends. Sunday papers are generally alright as there are lighter so my little brother would have to wake up from his slumber. Sometimes he just too lazy to wake up.

Speaking about tuition, I teach primary english maths science and upper sec chem physics and lower sec maths. My swim classes are in the morning, afternoon, some in evenings. so on evenings that I'm free I give tuition. So far I have been teaching mostly sciences in sec level. Salary about $15 to $25 per hour.

So this is how I am been keeping myself busy even in weekends while my peacock is busy preparing for her exams. But there are lots of free time in between classes to rest, so it shouldn't be much of a problem to me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home