LiFe Is PrEcIOuS...VaLUe THoSe ArOuNd U...

06 December 2006

Just my Luck...

It's all over - My much anticipated driving license.

I waited so long for this day, 5 dec, almost half a year when I began my enrolment in BBDC on 3 Dec. Since then I was so excited and obsessed with learning driver, with a private instructor who drives a mitsubishi lancer. Gradually, under his guidance, I honed my driving skills and was confident that I could make it the first time.

However, that didn't happen. Everything was gone in a moment's folly. 2 immdiate failures and 40 demerit points. What a bad result. It was just my luck that I got a bad tester, my instructor who tried to console me after the test. My instructor was also confident that I could pass. The tester, who I thought to be friendly when I first saw him, was actually full of sarcasm.

Even before he entered the car, he deflected the top left mirror which normally aids me on my view towards my left. Deflecting it would mean that the area on the left hand side of the car is narrowed. My instructor said it was a unprecedented move by the tester. I am not sure what his intentions are though.

His action made me drive very slowing through the entire circuit, starting with s-course, slope, vertical parking, directional change and lastly parallel parking. I was extremely meticulous as I was afraid of mounting the left kerb without the help of the small mirror. Everything was fine except that I was apparently nervous.

The tester explained to me that I have to step on the accelerater when reversing or during the narrow courses but my instructor didn't teach me before. Is he too strict? That was the small issue as I didn't get points deducted from that.

I lost points from rolling backwards twice on the slope, failure to confirm safety (which I did), failure to stop at white-line (didn't see) and caused one vehicle to slow down or take evasive action. Circuit was pretty alright as compared to driving outside the public road. The tester said I drove too slow, change lane abruptly (my instructor didn't correct me), didn't slow down when approaching road hazards (I didn't realise) and didn't check mirror (I did check). I felt as though he was aiming his arrows at me, another innocent being, and he told me this "You first time right? Never mind, slowly learn from your mistakes. Come again another time".

I was composing myself, not to retaliate verbally, as I knew it was already the end of the test. My plans of driving today to fetch my gf has been dashed. Hope to get my retest soon of I am able to book a slot which someone has cancelled in the month of dec...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home