LiFe Is PrEcIOuS...VaLUe THoSe ArOuNd U...

28 January 2006

My Nicknames...

Below is an excerpt from wikipedia:

A nickname is a short, clever, cute, derogatory, or otherwise substitute name for a person or thing's real name (for example, Tom is short for Thomas). As a concept, it is distinct from both pseudonym and stage name, although there may be overlap in these concepts. A nickname is sometimes considered desirable, symbolising a form of acceptance, but can often be a form of ridicule. Many artists and actors have nicknames, which in years past were called a stage name. A person's online nickname may also be known as his handle, especially within hacker culture.

Types of personal nickname: Also known as pet name, shortened name, truncated name, alternate name, name derivative, associated name, hypocoristic form of a name, diminutized name, or diminuted name. Sometimes related to "alias."

People started calling me names when I was in Secondary school...once my Physics teacher said this in front of the whole class: "If u all face any difficulties can go and find 'zong-ge' if u can't find me"...from then my friends often tease me by calling me 'zong-ge'...

The next prominent nickname would be 'squirrel'..that is the petname my dear peacock(gf) gave me when she started to have feelings for me and whenever she mentions me in front of her friends, she would call me 'squirrel'...she got the idea from one of my JC classmates who says I look like a squirrel..

In NS, one of my course mates call me 'zong zong'..a rather close friend to date...I am also quite surprised why he call me that...haha...

That is all i can remember for the time being...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home