LiFe Is PrEcIOuS...VaLUe THoSe ArOuNd U...

08 January 2007

My first day in school...

3 Jan 2007 was my first day in school as a relief teacher in Woodgrove Primary School which is in Woodlands. I came to know about the vacancy for relief teaching through a tuition agency. There was an interview before a general staff meeting was held on the Friday before term starts.

Intially the school offered me the position of being a primary 3 form teacher, teaching English, Maths, Science, PE and art. I was really caught unprepared then as I always had the perception that I would settle down as a relief subject teacher teaching science or maths, not to the extent of teaching so many subjects and being a form teacher!

I believe that the school is engaging me more like a full-time relief teacher as there was a lack of teachers in the school. Besides that, I will also have other duties to do like being involved in the life science workshop, decorating the science noticeboard and be involved in a CCA when the main teacher is not around.

Due to my various commitments giving swimming lesson and tuition in the afternoon and evening, I told the school that it will be impossible me to change my schedule to accommodate to the school's needs if I were given a class in the afternoon. Hence, I did only one day of relief in the afternoon and till today I had done another 3 days of relief in the morning. Tomorrow will be my last day as relief teacher unless the school has another teacher on leave for me to take over on an ad-hoc basics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home