LiFe Is PrEcIOuS...VaLUe THoSe ArOuNd U...

22 January 2007

Found a job!

After searching for jobs for vain these days, I finally found one that is suitable for me - admin assistant in a real estate, property management company. The company is located in the management office in Townhouse apartment, off Cavenagh Road. Essentially, the company manages some of the condos in Singapore; complaints, repairs & renovation, utility bills, maintainence fees etc are managed by this company.

Before that, I went for interview @ recruit express for any job pertaining to admin/data-entry/clerk. They found me a telesales job selling credit cards but I was not interested. Of course there were other offers which require me to work till 5.30pm or 6pm or even a full sat which I can't commit as I have tuition classes/swimming lessons.

Having my much-coveted license, I even went to the expense of getting the job of a delivery driver. I was offered one place in a company dealing with frozen food but rejected it as OTs on sat are compulsory. Some company requires drivers with experience though. After some futile interviews, I dropped the subject of being a delivery driver. One company offered me the job which requires me to multi-task - answer calls, take order, type letters, deliver goods. I was very interested but they took one week to consider my application and it came after I got my job as an admin assistant.

On the newspaper, some advertised part-time/full-time admin needed. To my surprise, it was actually the post of financial advisor(insurance) that they want. I said I will consider in the future but not now as it requires me to go for training and certification.

Back to the point of my job as an admin assistant, the job spans from Monday to Friday 9 - 5.30 and Sat 9-1. However, one every Mon, Wed and Thus I left at 5pm for tuition classes and I will make up on Sat, meaning I will work till 2.30pm. Quite a boring job but time passes quickly and the people there are friendly and takes good care of me. Salary is $1200 including CPF. An hour is about $6.80.

Anybody looking a job can call recruit express. Its fast but you get only $5 or $6 an hour. Good Luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home