LiFe Is PrEcIOuS...VaLUe THoSe ArOuNd U...

05 September 2008

SEP!!!!

Admittedly, this semester the modules I taking, in particular organic chemistry is very heavy. There are lots of understanding to do and reagents of course that you have to remember at your fingertips. Besides, my labs are 10-5pm every week compared to last year which was just 3 hrs. And this time round there are 2 lab reports!!! Last week I was struggling very hard to do the lab report without any references and it was driving me insane. At the very last hour I was stressed up as I found something wrong with the report.

Anyway, my attitude towards studies has changed. Before I enter university, my aim was to get first class honours which I believe it was something everybody wants to achieve. Along the way, I realize that you have to put in a lot of effort to maintain that CAP 4.5 in order to get a first class. Also that would mean that I will have less personal time with family, frenz, etc....I want to get a good honours (second upper) and yet enjoy my university life as a student before stepping out into the workforce. How could I enrich my life in uni? Thus i decided to embark on SEP which I am currently planning and doing all the admin work now. I will be going either us/uk/hk/australia/new zealand...going to spend my weekend looking at the modules these uni offer. Hopfully can clear some of my lvl 4000 chem modules so that I can focus on FYP....

The good thing about going overseas is that modules taken there are graded on pass/fail basis and it doesn't affect the CAP score. And I would never possibly have the finances to go to US/UK for holidays now and embarking on SEP will give me a chance to experience life as as student overseas, immersing in their culture etc...

The bad thing is that I will be away for months and I will miss everybody here. Money is not too much of a concern for me as MOE is subsiding it...haha

Life as an exchange student will definitely be exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home