LiFe Is PrEcIOuS...VaLUe THoSe ArOuNd U...

05 October 2006

It has been some time..

Reclining in my bed, waking up from my slumber, I had the urge to update my blog today ever since the last one in early September. It has been almost close to 3 weeks for those who notice when I posted my last entries. I have been so busy and occupied with more important stuffs these days, managing my tight weekend schedules, my extra duties, preparing veh etc...

The pace of army life has definitely slowed down after ATEC stage 2 but there are still lots of things that are unsettled. Just finished my last outfield as a NSF on Monday where I went to Tekong for close terrain training. Nothing much, just did some orientation driving of veh and some simple battle course there. The familiar penguin boat ride, the walkway from the ferry terminal to the entrance of the BMTC guard room, the faces of recruits are my memories of my days in army after enlistment day.

Looking at my number of leaves and offs and the number of days of service left, I don't think I will have enough time to clear my leaves. Although every week now and then are given the chance to take leave but the time left isn't enough unless I extend my ORD, getting a regular pay of about $1500. I did consider it before, but I can't stand army life and how things are managed in camp.

I just had my right wisdom extracted on Tuesday and hoping it is the last one as the doctor said I had a 5% chance of growing two more on the top left and right hand corner as I am still young. had some difficulty eating solid food on the first day and the pain after the anesthesia wore off was extremely excruciating as compared to the first one. But things are better now as I start to force my mouth to open and eat solid food. Luckily now I am still in NS hence my bill for the surgery ($400) was fully subsidised except for the X-ray which I paid for $30. I am at home now, still recovering from the surgery, MC till this Saturday. But I have to go back camp this Sat as I got a COS duty.

Currently, I am also referring to the papers, looking for a part-time job. I got a job as a swim coach but still waiting for the co-ordinaters to give me assignments near my area. I also went for various job interviews but none suits me. Either the pay is too little, or the time you need to commit is long. After I get my license, maybe I will get a part-time delivery job to further hone my driving skills and familarise myself with the roads and streets in Singapore.

After much persuading and convincing, I decided to go the Genting with my army friends which spans from 11 OCT to 14 OCT. The accommodation and bus fare costs $195, not inclusive of the bus ride to Genting highlands and Sunway lagoon where we will be going. We will be staying at Federal hotel in KL, taking rides here and there to Genting and Sunway on the last day. Will be leaving Singapore on 7am and arriving somewhere in the evening of 14 OCT. When I return from the trip, I will tell u guys the fun I had there. Really anticipating the day to come in 2 months time!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home