LiFe Is PrEcIOuS...VaLUe THoSe ArOuNd U...

17 September 2006

What an Unlucky day...

It was a Thursday afternoon at about 2pm when I drove my veh back from the fuel top up point. The weather was cool, soothing and rain was imminent as can be seen from the patches of dark clouds forming in the sky.

I wore a helmet which doesn't belong to me, just borrowed from others for the sake of operating the vehicle. The helmet stinks and I suppose it hasn't been washed after atec. For a moment, I took off my helmet seeing that no one was around as the stench was killing me. Coincidentally, my CO who was doing his routine ckecks, walked past me!!!

I maintained my composure, brought the vehicle to a halt and expected the worse. He came to me asking me I didn't wear my helmet. I told him I just took it off. "Rules are rules", he said firmly. He asked my name and ordered me to take 5, which means 5 extra duties...

I was helpless but I can't do anything to salvage the situation. Now, I am thinking about it day and night, even before I sleep. ORD, just less than 2 months away, but I still have uncleared leave and offs. Can I clear my leaves and offs on time? Will my weekends be burnt due to my 5 extras? I can't do anything but just hope for the better....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home