LiFe Is PrEcIOuS...VaLUe THoSe ArOuNd U...

25 September 2008

It didnt turn out well for me...

today's pre-SEP interview didnt turn out well for me....its call pre-SEP interview as the my first choice university is Mcgill which happens to be ranked top 15th in the world! There are only 5 vacancies and there are over 10 pple contesting for it....

Interview wad conducted in a grp....Everyone was given a chance to speak up on why u chose Mcgill, how you will sell NUS, why choose you and not others....As i was the last one to spoke, and time was limited, I didnt get to voice out what I really wanted to say...There were 2 key interviewer, and one of them just asked me :' so if there is only 1 place, why shld be choose you'? then i went like because I am independent,....even before I could say what I want to say, I was interrupted by the lady interviewer who said that everyone is independent blah blah blah.....that really threw me off...

then I said that I could be a good ambassador bcos i knew the policies and courses in NUS well like the S/U, faculty, UE req and the lady interviewer went all these policies the partner uni also has rite? I went blank. My idea was that being an ambassador, you must have sound knowledge of the thing in NUS rite? but she interpreted it wrongly....

after everyone spoke, there were general qns like, what are the weather hazards you need to take note there, the mode of transport and the key attraction of Montreal....I was really reluctant to answer...anw I already knew from the start that getting my first choice is really tough...

My real selling point is that I achieved National youth achievement award which is a national base award and i think that this alone could heightened my chance but I did not speak of it during the interview...besides, I lead leadership roles during CCAs and NS...but i didnt get the chance to say it...

Anyway, for group interview, don't speak the last...be the first feel to speak...otherwise you will be short-changed and under-privileged compared to others....

the next interview is one to one in 2 weeks time and I am confident that I will perform during that one....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home